Alnmouth Village Golf Club has a well established Mens Senior Section that meets twice a week with and a varied programme of golf throughout the entire year.
We pride ourselves by being a friendly group and as such we are keen to encourage additional Senior golfers to come and join us on a regular basis.
So what are the Senior Section all about :-
- Open to all Male Members aged 55 and over.
- Meet every Tuesday and Thursday mornings (Tee-times approx. 8:30am-9:30am). Tuesdays are generally 9 hole sweeps (so we’re all home for lunch-time). Thursdays are generally 9 hole competitions which are varied in format, including occasional team competitions (Texas Scrambles, 1-2-3’s, Senior Seniors versus Junior Seniors etc.).
- Weekly communication is via e-mail (news & results etc.).
- In the winter we run a Pre-Xmas Competition and then another up to Easter.
- There are 6 formal club competitions throughout the summer season, half of which are over 18 holes
- 18 hole Friendlies are played throughout the season against 6 other Senior Sections, i.e. Morpeth, Burgham Park, Warkworth, Foxton, Goswick & Eyemouth, these matches are usually 12 a-side and include a lunch.
- NNL Senior Cup Competition, is usually divided into 2 leagues where a series of Round Robin matches result in the top 2 teams fighting out a final. These require us to turn out a team of 6 players for 4 or 5 matches.
- Tee-times are all booked via the Club’s BRS system (the on-line booking system or via the BRS Phone App) and several existing Senior members are more than happy to make room for new people by including them in the respective tee-times. Or, just let us know that you’d like to join in and we’ll fit you in somewhere.
So, why not come and join in, you’ll be more than welcome.
Who do I contact?
The Seniors Captain is Bob Hill and can be contacted by email using the form below.